Wednesday, April 3, 2013

#ProjectMilf~Week #9-Leavin the stress in the US!

Hi!
This week I am finally able to catch up on my MILF project and I am so excited! The last time we talked about my goal I was stressing out hard core. I wasn't in Italy yet and had no information of when we would be moving. Well...That all changed on 3/18/13 when Husband and I received the worst news. It was a terrible morning. A crying in HR's office kind of morning. Then when I went to talk to our lawyer handling our move...She calmed me down and changed my life. Our lives. She said we could go for 90 days as "tourists" and my visa will be ready within that time and boom, no problems. We literally went from the worst moods to the most overwhelming feelings in the world. We can move to Italy now? What?! Are we ready? OMG our parents are going to die. our friends? when can we see them? We were dying and we weren't together when we found out. TORTURE. Our plane tickets were booked in a matter of minutes and there it was. Our fate. All this stress turned in to pure intense anxiety. We were so excited and so nervous! This was it. IT was really happening. We have waited over a year for this. We have said our goodbyes to some people in January and here we were in March...in LA. 

The next week was a whirlwind of emotions. We are so blessed to have the best friends and family. We got to see our favorite people before we left. We had some great nights with everyone. Each night was with a special someone saying our "see ya laters". It was so hard to say goodbye to our friends. I cried for a week straight. lol. 

We were packing and trying to figure out what to do with our kitties. our babies. The loves of our lives. At first we were told we couldn't take them and then we were told we could. We jumped through fire hoops to get their paperwork and go to the USDA. (in one week!) Then 24 hours before our flight we were told we couldn't take them. It was devastating. The news broke our hearts. We were ready with them. To those of who who have pets you can understand. They are your babies. We love our little family so much and it was the feeling of someone breaking us up. But this is what we waited so long for. OH THE STRESS WAS BACK! How? Eff you stress. You are not welcome. Husband and I panicked. The tears were flowing and we were so lost. now what? We had no time to even think about it. I happened to text one of my best girlfriends if she knew of a boarding place and seriously that text saved our lives. Her amazing boyfriend offered to watch them. And he insisted. WHAT? Who is this guy? Two cats you are willing to take care of and love? We died. I don't think I've cried that hard in so long. It broke my heart to accept the offer but then to know we have these types of friends to help us really meant the world. We will never be able to repay them but man...We are so thankful. and so blessed.

So with that said, we dropped them off. It was as if we dropped our kids off for camp or college. We brought all their things and said goodbye. UGHHHH writing this makes me tear up. I am so grateful and it makes me feel good knowing they will be ok. This is temporary. Not forever. And they are with a great guy. 

B'squared is just not the same without M'squared. (Mixie&Mowgley) We miss them so much but thankfully get the best picture updates. Our bubs are the best! 

So...the next morning was the day. The day Husband and I were flying to Florence Italy to move IN! 7 duffels later and two backpacks we were ready. and terrified. We arrived safe and met the owner of our apartment at our place. It was nuts. I wish I could explain the way we felt. We were exhausted, emotionally drained and now sitting in our new home. WHAT?! We signed papers, drank wine and then it happened. We were in our new house all.alone. HOLY COWABUNGA! It was nuts. We danced like maniacs and screamed! Was this for real?????????

I can go on and on...
Husband recently (today) showed me this article below and I loved it. 

A psychologist walked around a room while teaching stress management to an audience. As she raised a glass of water, everyone expected they'd be asked the "half empty or half full" question. Instead, with a smile on her face, she inquired: "How heavy is this glass of water?"
Answers called out ranged from 8 oz. to 20 oz.
She replied, "The absolute weight doesn't matter. It depends on how long I hold it. If I hold it for a minute, it's not a problem. If I hold it for an hour, I'll have an ache in my arm. If I hold it for a day, my arm will feel numb and paralyzed. In each case, the weight of the glass doesn't change, but the longer I hold it, the heavier it becomes." She continued, "The stresses and worries in life are like that glass of water. Think about them for a while and nothing happens. Think about them a bit longer and they begin to hurt. And if you think about them all day long, you will feel paralyzed – incapable of doing anything."
It’s important to remember to let go of your stresses. As early in the evening as you can, put all your burdens down. Don't carry them through the evening and into the night. Remember to put the glass down! -author unknown

It's so true and look at all the stress we went through and we are here. We are healthy and have never been happier. Our kitties are ok and being taken care of. We prayed every day for this and it's here. We did it. We let go of our stresses and our dreams came true! We have a lot to learn but you only get one shot at this thing called life. And we choose to GO BIG OR GO...well HOME! (cheeeese alert) I love my new home and so far, I never want to leave! 

Week #9 is a wild card and us Milf's get to choose our own challenge! I choose to leave the stress in the the US. I want to learn more about Italy. Firenze, Italy. This is our new home now and I know so little about this beautiful city. It's magical here and I want to learn everything. I want to learn the language and the history and where to buy a blow dryer under 50 euro. that works!  I want to make friends and have theme parties in our flat.(dreaming big I know.) I don't want to stress here. Stress is not an option. I have had this week off to move in and settle in. I am excited for my new job next week and to finally know people here! I want to enjoy my new life with my Husband. I am proud of US and I want this to be successful. It will be. 


follow the hubs and I on instagram for our picture diary of Italy. :) @BrandiScarpelli @MrScarpelli

Thank you for all the support! 
Ciao Belli!

xx
b



9 comments:

Winnie said...

Yay! Congrats on finally being in Italy. I have to say that the quote is so perfect and sums up stress completely. I must remember this and also pass it on to people who get stressed out easily!

Elle Sees said...

love that story! so glad you are settling in and stuff. i admit, i couldn't leave my pup!! he's my son! ;) but y'all sound like you're having so much fun!!

Mrs. Pancakes said...

oh my god...i just got chills reading this...i am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO exctited about following you on your adventures...and i will be following on instagram....and yes leave that stress behind here!!!!! glad we were able to catch up with you!!!

hennablossom said...

Okay, so WHOA, congrats...I'm new here so I don't know the back story. How long are you staying in Italy? Ahhh, so beautiful! We'll be in Italy this summer for a family wedding (so excited) but my husband and I dream about moving to Croatia (across the Adriatic from Italy) temporarily. It's just nice in life to have a CHANGE sometimes...especially in beautiful surroundings!

toi said...

I am so excited to read this. I am glad you are leaving the stress in USA. enjoy the food, the history of Firenze and the new job.

so glad we can follow you and hubby in this adventure :)

ralizabeth said...

new follower here!

thanks for the comment on my blog.

how amazing that you and your husband moved to italy!! i can't wait to see what adventures you two take on!!

xoxo

Pegster said...

So excited for your new adventure in Italy. YAY for leaving stress behind, woooohoooo.

Anonymous said...

So you don't really have a work visa? Are you just moving back after the 3 months are up?

Tuesday Chronicles said...

OMG I've been missing your blog lately and I'm so glad I've finally caught up! First - Congratulations on the big move!!! I can't even fathom the stresses you had to go through but it's so good to see you and your hubby nice and happy!! And I had to comment on THIS post in particular because that article on stress is especially poignant in my life right now (promotion at work=new manager=new stresses=fml). Anyway, you're posts are giving me Italy fever!!! I need to visit that beautiful place you call home!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin