I am so excited to share this post with you guys. If you ever have 48 hours in Italy we highly recommend the trip below.
These are some for the best 48 hours I have ever spent with this guy. We had the most amazing couple of days in the following order:::
- Rented a car (first time doing this in Italy and it was AMAZING!) We got our car at Maggiore and it was so easy. It was brand new and we had unlimited miles. We didn't need to get gas once in 2 days. So nice! We were able to drop it off at any time the next day which was so convenient.
- We started our journey by driving out of Florence. We went through a couple toll roads which was so cool. Italian toll roads! We admired the open roads and it felt so nice to be in a car, blasting the radio and staring at my husband. This is what life is all about! Having fun! We drove to the Terme San Giovanni hot springs and relaxed our faces off. This place was a natural water park. It was 15 euro per person to get in and so worth it.
- After the Hot springs we drove to our hotel Borgo Casa al Vento which was magical. It is set on a hill in the middle of nowhere. Dirt roads and all. The scenery is to die for. Pure heaven! We had dinner at our hotel in a romantic cave. Did I mention to.die.for.??
- We woke up and took a morning walk around the property and fell in love. The colors in Siena are like nothing I have ever seen before. It all seems like a big painting! All we did was point in different directions and "oohh" and "ahhh". dreamy.
- We checked out and ended up at Castello di Brolio which was by far the coolest site to see. An 800 year old castle! A CASTLE. I repeat a CASTLE!! On a hill that had the most beautiful views we have ever seen. I seriously couldn't have dreamt up a more beautiful place! I wanted to time travel back and live there looking over the walls waiting for my prince Scarpelli to come and scoop me up. Wearing a flowy dress and dancing around the castle with my hair in braids and my white horse and my own wing of the castle...ok, ok...... I swear there was a feeling in the air that I will never forget. Just magic!
- We headed to Officina della Bistecca where we had the best meal of our lives. Dario Cecchini was so nice and the whole experience was incredible. This place is for meat lovers only. The unlimited wine, 7 courses of the most delicious meats, the atmosphere, the people, the salt mixture...ALL of it was perfection. Bravisimo!
There you have it! 6 amazing ways to have the best 48 hours and to fall completely in love with your husband all over again. I didn't think I could love that guy any more but renting a car and going on a beautiful adventure was perfect. I loved every second.
48 HOURS IN SIENA from Brandon Scarpelli on Vimeo.
Thanks to my sweet husband for making this special video! ti amo fino alla fine!
We hop you enjoy it!!!