How are you? Come va? I have so much to discuss with you and yet I find it hard to decide what to post about. My life has been non stop. We finalllllllllyyyy received our Nulla Ostas for our visas in Italy and let me tell you. The best news! It's been a crazy struggle and I have them in our house and just giggle. It took so long! Next step is going to the US Consulate in LA to get our visas and then it's hellloooo Italy for 2 years! The good news is that we get to go home next week! I am so looking forward to family time, seeing our amigos and relaxing at home! The best thing is that we are going when my nephew turns one. I'm so so so thankful I'm not missing his birthday! There is so much more I am thankful for but I thought I would make a list of the strange things I am really looking forward to. The things I miss while living in Italy as an expat...
1. Going to TARGET. omg I can't wait! I try to explain Target and no one knows what it is!
2. Getting my eyebrows waxed! I look like a muppet character. I went to someone here when I first arrived and had the worst experience of my life.
3. Doctor check ups! yes, I'm actually looking forward to this. Within the first month I had to go to the dentist in Italy because I chipped a filling. figures. I was so scared being in another country and thankfully had a great experience.
4. CVS shopping spree. oh I can't wait to go up and down every aisle. slowly.
5. Buying converse. They charge a fortune for chucks out here.
6. Eating....sushi, mexican, in&out, BBQ, sushi, sushi and my parents cooked meals. mmmmm
7. BAKING! We don't have an oven. Where are we?! So I'm dying to bake. d y i n g .
8. Buying a ton of birthday cards, miss you cards, love you cards, anniversary cards. I can't read Italian yet, ok. don't judge.
9. Buying zip lock baggies. yep. sandwich bags. they don't sell them. Only at Ikea and that was an experience. That post will come in 2 weeks. I'm exhausted thinking about our adventure.
10. Buying bisquick for pancakes! They don't sell pancake mix. lord, I'm so excited.
11. Speaking english and not pointing and playing charades every day.
12. Being in the sun! The weather has been crap in Italy. rain rain rain, cold cold cold. Bring it Cali, bring it!
There it is. 12 things I miss about the US. Not that bad considering we have been here for 2 months. Everything else is an adjustment but we love love love.
Florence, we are in love with you.
Have you ever flown with a cat? Please give us any advice. I'm terrified.
Hope you are all amazing!